Montenegro, country located in the west-central Balkans at the southern end of the Dinaric Alps. It is bounded by the Adriatic Sea and Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo (east), and Albania.
The country’s names, both Montenegro (from Venetian Italian) and Crna Gora, denote “Black Mountain,” in reference to Mount Lovćen.
Montenegro covers an area of 13,812 square kilometers and a population of 640,000. Its capital Podgorica is one of the twenty-three municipalities in the country. Cetinje is designated as the Old Royal Capital.
For much of the 20th century Montenegro was a part of Yugoslavia, and from 2003 to 2006 it was a component of the federated union of Serbia and Montenegro. On the basis of an independence referendum held in May 2006, Montenegro declared independence and the federation peacefully dissolved on 3 June of that year.
WHY INVEST IN MONTENEGRO?
Montenegro offers unrivaled benefits for private and corporate investors such as:
• Political stability. The only ex Yugoslavian republic where there was no war.
• FDI of 649 million Euro in 2017. Over 6 billion euros in the last 10 years
• Already a member of NATO
• In the process of joining the European Union
• Currency: EURO has been the official currency since 2001
• Pro-business government
• Hub for regional business
• Easy business startup
• Free access to EU, Russia & other markets
• Numerous free trade agreements with:
- The European Union
- CEFTA (Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldovia, Serbia) which is approximately 50 million people
- Turkey 79 million
• Foreign and domestic investors have the same rights
• National and local incentives & subsidies
• Strategic geographic position, with access to Adriatic sea
• Traffic connection: airports Podgorica, Tivat, Dubrovnik, ports of Bar and Porto Montenegro. Good road connections
• A young population with multilingual talent
• Multi-ethnic harmony and safety
• Solid economic growth and development
• Extreme natural beauty and cultural-historical heritage.
• Montenegro's mild Mediterranean climate which boasts an average of 240 sunny days each year
• Quality & diversity of its natural resources give Montenegro a status of most attractive tourist destination.
HUGE TOURISTIC POTENTIAL
Montenegro enjoys an ever growing popularity among travellers seeking authenticity and traditions, nature and landscapes, nautical activities, sports, entertainment and nightlife (1.662 million visitors in 2016 with an exponential growth year on year), encouraging the development of vital infrastructures to support the tourism boom!
Montenegro was declared by Lonely Planet, as the second on the top ten list of best countries to travel in 2013. They called it an "Emerging Superstar with Wild Beauty".
WTTC predicts an average annual rate of growth in Travel & Tourism investment for Montenegro of 16,4% a year from 2014 to 2021 - higher than for any other country in the world ! and Twice as fast as that for India and China.
Major touristic and residential projects are currently located whether on the Montenegrin coast, in Tivat, Kotor, Lustica peninsula and Budva; or in the central and northern part of Montenegro, such as Kolasin and Zabljak ski and the ecological Skadar lake destinations.
• 4* & 5* Lustica Bay Orascom village; Golf and resorts - Tivat
• Kavac gated PGA Golf. Hotels and Residences - Tivat
• Qatari Diar Hotel Plavi Horizont resort and Villas – Lustica; Tivat
• the first One & Only Resort in Europe at Porto Novi
• Porto Skadar – Skadar lake
• Dukley Gardens Budva
• Marriott Podgorica
• Sheraton Podgorica
DISCOVER YOUR FUTURE INVESTMENT DESTINATION